Church of Saint Michael Archangel
The Church of Saint Michael Archangel, Highclere, was designed by Gilbert Scott in 1870 and is the parish church for Highclere Castle.
The lighting had become an erratic mixture of tungsten halogen luminaires which, being mounted high up were prone to failing on a regular basis.
Our aim was to remove all of these fixtures and to replace them with LED downlighting and to provide accent lighting at the rafter feet with LED strip. The overall effect is a great improvement, however, we wished to use a control system to enhance the lighting effects but the budget would not allow us to do so. We also wanted more definition above the altar but likewise the budget would not stretch to meet this request!